Healthy Lemon and Blueberry Waffles

11:22 AM



You wake up and it's the weekend, or a day like today where, if you're like me, you just needed a day to yourself. I woke up and decided that I was going to have a day, a day where I was going to live my proclaimed best life. So, what's the best way to start a day where you plan to live your best life? Waffles.

If you know me, you know I have an affinity for lemon and blueberry goodies and treats. Few things pair together  quite as perfectly as lemon and blueberry. You have the obvious peanut butter and jelly or classic tomato and basil but the combination of blueberry and lemon come together quite blissfully.

I started my morning like I start all mornings by making a cup of warm lemon water. Before I poured the warm water into my lemoned cup, I plugged in my waffle maker in preparation for these healthy blueberry lemon waffles. These waffles evoke all of the joy and nostalgia with none of the guilt. You'll see why when you check out the recipe!


To the recipe: 

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup of almond flour
  • 1 tsp of baking powder
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 tbls of vanilla
  • 1/2 cup of greek yogurt
  • 1 tbls of honey
  • 2 tsp of coconut sugar
  • pinch of salt
  • 1 tsp lemon zest
  • 1/2 cup of blueberries

Instructions: 
  1. Plug your waffle maker in so it gets hot. 
  2. In a bowl, combine wet ingredients: eggs, greek yogurt, vanilla, honey, and coconut sugar and whisk. In a second bowl, combine the dry ingredients: almond flour, baking powder, and salt and whisk.
  3. Combine both wet and dry ingredients until smooth.
  4. Next, add the blueberries and lemon zest to the waffle mixture and combine well. 
  5. Time for the waffle maker! Put 1/3 of the mixture in the waffle iron. 
The waffle mix should make 3 large waffles! Add fresh blueberries and maple syrup and enjoy!! 

I would love to know if you tried this recipe out- leave a comment if you did! 

xoxo,
B








You Might Also Like

0 comments