Healthy Pumpkin Oatmeal Bake

11:42 AM








It's no secret that fall is my favorite season. Fall is the embodiment of warmth, love, and coziness. With the brisk air comes scarves, boots, and warm beverages. With the low sun and burnt skies come pumpkins, apples, and color-turned leaves. With the counted days come Thanksgiving and the Christmas season. I am absolutely in love with what fall brings but this post is to highlight the revered pumpkin.

Anthony was in town this weekend and last night, we made a hearty dinner together. He was in charge of the steak and cauliflower/mashed potatoes. I was in charge of the caramelized onions, sautéed mushrooms, and blue cheese sauce. Together we had a fabulous cold-weather meal accompanied by some red wine.

This morning, Anthony had to head out earlier than usual so, I got up early and headed into the kitchen. I have been craving fall and everything that comes with it, even though it's currently 80 degrees outside of my apartment. Driven by that craving, I made this pumpkin oatmeal bake.

I got my inspiration from a recipe I stumbled upon on Pinterest (as per usual). If you know me, you know that I typically don't like to follow recipes because I like to put my own twist into it. So, I swapped out and added a few things to that recipe to make my own pumpkin oatmeal bake!

Ingredients:

  • 1 15 oz can of pumpkin purée 
  • 1/4 coconut sugar or brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup of real maple syrup
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
  • 2 cups of unsweetened vanilla almond milk 
  • 2 cups of dry old-fashioned oats
Directions:
  1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Combine pumpkin, sugar, maple syrup, eggs, spices, salt, baking powder, vanilla extract, and almond milk in a large bowl and whisk until smooth. 
  2. Add the oatmeal to the combined mixture.
  3. Grease an 8x8 or an 11x7 baking dish.
  4. Pour in the pumpkin oatmeal mixture and put it into the oven.
  5. Bake for 40 minutes or until the center isn't wet anymore. 
  6. Take the dish out of the oven and enjoy! 
This recipe is perfect for fall and the cool months. Aside from this recipe being absolutely delicious, it's also pretty healthy. I suggest you make this on a cool Sunday morning and enjoy it with a cup of coffee. You can top this dish with whipped cream, milk, maple syrup, or pecans. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my dear friends did! Please let me know what you think.

Current thoughts:
What's your favorite pumpkin recipe? 
Why do you love fall?


You Might Also Like

0 comments