The World Needs More Feminists

9:40 AM















































Yesterday morning, my mother, sister, and I hopped into our car and drove down to my Aunt's house in Arlington, VA. As soon as we got there, we grabbed our lunches and hopped in the car again. This time, we were headed to the Arlington National Cemetery. We were dropped there and started walking. Our destination? The Women's March. 

The Women's March was one of the most empowering and inspiring movements I have ever been a part of. The best part about it? How inclusive it was. We were all there supporting each other and each other's motives. There were people there protesting for: Women's Rights (obvi), Black Lives Matter, Trans Rights, NoDAPL, Pro-Choice, Anti-Trump, Pro-Hillary, LGBTQ Equality, Climate Change, Reproductive Rights, Pro-Peace, Mother Earth, Muslim Equality, Native Rights, and so much more.

It was a beyond amazing moment that I will keep with me forever. I was so happy to stand there with my mother, sister, and aunt. I was there to represent my future daughters, nieces, and granddaughters; also, as a representer of the silenced and the people who could not be there.

It was peaceful, it was impactful, and it was momentous. When women and allied men come together to support one another, and support a cause, it is an amazing thing. After all, we do make up over 50% of the population. Over 600 cities worldwide came together to support such an amazing cause. I couldn't be more proud to be a woman.

My favorite chant:
An echo chant between men and women:
            Women: My body, my choice
            Men: Her body, her choice.

My favorite sign/poster:
            "Thou shalt not touch my reproductive rights" - Fallopians 4:10

My favorite moment:
             Everything.

You Might Also Like

0 comments