My Nighttime Beauty Essentials

11:33 AM

Establishing a nighttime beauty routine is probably one of the most important things you'll do in your lifetime- dramatic?? As a warning to my sister and I, my mom always told us to start the anti-aging process as soon as possible. This is something I didn't take very seriously until I started to notice lines under my eyes. This quickly became an insecurity of mine and was simultaneously the start to discovering my nighttime beauty routine. 

The products I use came from a year of testing out and trying different products. The products that I use right now are seriously a gold mine. This is probably about to sound like an add or some crazy product pushing statement but these products have seriously transformed my skin from dry and acne-prone to smooth and supple. Seriously? Yes. 

Last Fall, I experienced something I have never experience in my life: hormonal cystic and scarring acne. It was so bad. Beyond bad. I couldn't leave my house without caking on makeup and coverup. It created such a negative cycle because I never let my skin breath but, I couldn't let the acne show. I felt so ugly and so insecure. 

When I got home for winter break, I saw a dermatologist. Now, I will be the first person to say I hate putting unnatural things into my body but I was seriously desperate. She prescribed me an anti-bacterial pill and some topical creams. It took about two months but I can happily say that my skin is almost back to normal. Now, I say normal because I am dealing with the post-repercussions of those dark months. One of those repercussions is scarring. My face has awful scarring as a result of picking and trying to "do-away" with the pimples. So bad. 

Along with dealing with the after-acne stages, I also have combination dry skin and throughout the winter months, it is exacerbated. I am constantly apply moisturizer to my face and if that moisturizer is pore-clogging, you can have a problem. But, thankfully, our great friend Spring is on her way!! 

With all of these different things, I have found that the following products work for me amazingly. I also realize that everyone is unique in having different skin. I mean seriously, no one person's skin is alike. So, because these products work for me, it doesn't necessarily mean they'll work for everyone! I just wanted to say that as a sort of disclaimer.

Without further ado, here are the amazing products I use in my nighttime beauty routine: 

1. The first thing I do is put my hair up into a messy bun to get the hair out of my face and prevent it from falling into my face. 


2. Next, I wash my face with La Roche-Posay's Efflaclar Medicated Gel Cleanser. I bought this in December during the peak of my acne episode. My cousin Kelly recommended it to me when I sought her out for some skin advice. Kelly is a skin guru. This recommendation is one that I believe really helped my skin and aided in the clearing up of my acne. So, thanks, Kell! 

3. After I cleanse, I apply Clinique Smart Custom Repair Serum. It's always important to apply serum right after cleansing but before anything else. This stuff is magical and you only really need like 3 or 4 squirts of it. I squirt it in my hand and then apply it all over my face and décolletage. 




4. After the serum comes one of my favs: Bio-Oil. People say and warn not to put Bio-Oil on your face, but I'm gonna go ahead and disagree, respectively. Bio-Oil is an oil that people put all over their skin to reduce the appearances of scars and stretch marks. I put it on my skin because I believe that it seriously helps me reduce the appearance of the scars left behind by acne. I put it on my face and décolletage. I treat it as a post-serum and pre-moisturizer. My acne scarring has really started to diminish to almost nothing- THANK GOODNESS! 


5. Okay, get ready for the best thing to ever happen to my skin. Seriously.a.gold.mine. Soap & Glory is an unreal brand. I found out about Soap & Glory through one of my favorite bloggers: Amber Fillerup-Clark at Barefoot Blonde. I pretty much listen to everything she says because she is my blog-spiration. I remember reading about how much she loves their body lotion for dry skin. So, I decided to check it out for myself. One day I made my way to Ulta's Soap & Glory section to check it out. What a great day it was. Ulta (which I prefer to Sephora) was having a buy 2 get 1 free sale for Soap & Glory. Done. I was so done. I picked out three items randomly. I wanted two body lotions because they smelled divine. Then I saw an anti-aging face moisturizer Wish Upon A jar that was one sale so obviously I'm gonna give it a try. $80 dollars later (I bought other things, too) I walked out of Ulta feeling like a new woman. 

That night, I went home and unpacked my treasures. First of all, the package is unreal. It's just a silver ball. I applied this glorious moisturizer that night. What happened when I woke up was magical. My skin felt unreal. I can't even explain it. After that, I apply it twice a day. Once in the morning, and once at night. My skin is a changed woman. Literally incredible. This is something that I know I'll be buying for the rest of my life.
6. Finally, after all of my moisturizer applications I apply eye cream. I use Garnier's Ultra-Lift Miracle Sleeping cream. I'm not crazy about it, but, it doesn't hurt to apply. Like mother always said: the anti-aging process should start ASAP! 


7. If my face is feeling extra dry, I'll apply Julep's Night Shift Sleeping Mask. It smells amazing and I wake up in the morning with the dry skin healed. 



So, these are the products I use before I lay my head on the pillow. I feel it's important to have a routine and establish it at a young age because I know my older lady self will thank me for it someday. 

I'd love to know what kinds of nighttime beauty products you use! Comment below!! 

xoxo Brynne



You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Great products, I love La Roche-Posay! And the sleeping masks sounds awesome, I should give it a try.
    ♡ Kristina
    TheKontemporary

    ReplyDelete