Simple Summer Salad12:33 PM
This salad is the most simple salad to prepare on planet Earth. Most salads are easy to make and assemble but this is is probably the most delicious. I first had it 4 or 5 summers ago while on the Cape with my Aunt and sister. It reminds me of summer in it's shear simplicity and fresh taste. The salad has only 4 ingredients that can be found in any market or store. It is so beautiful and so fresh it's a must on a brunch menu.
- 1 small or medium sized seedless watermelon
- 2 ripe mangos
- 1/4 cup of julienned mint leaves- about 8 or 9 leaves
- 1 lime
- Cut up the watermelon and mangos
- Julienne the mint leaves- place the leaves on top of one another, fold the leaves like you would to roll a burrito, finally, cut them into slivers
- Sprinkle the julienned mint on the salad
- Squeeze the lime over the salad
And voila! You have a beautiful, fresh, and simple summer salad!