How A Latte Can Save Your Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

10:39 AM







































Okay, so last year, in the beginning of March, I was having a bad day and we all have bad days, but this was an especially BAD day. I was sad, lost, hurt, etc. So I called my mom because moms really do make everything better. When every thought in our head is jumbled and spinning, moms can make so much sense out of it. I think its part of the mom job description. So, I called my mom on this terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day (this is a book reference to: Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day- duh). She of course talked me out of this slump and instantaneously made me feel at ease and so much better. Mothers have so much insight, they just always know what to say. 

We talked on the phone for about 40 minutes. She was at work so this is basically unheard of because she has such a high demand and high-positioned job. If Super Woman was a real person, she would be my mom. She's pretty cool. Anyways, so at this end of this conversation, my mom told me to go to Starbucks and order her infamous latte: the grande, non-fat, no-whip, two-pump mocha (I've had it memorized since the 4th grade) and put some cinnamon on it. I remember her specifically saying: "Cinnamon is a happy spice!" So, I got off the phone and did just that. It was a rainy, March day. I got my latte, put some cinnamon on it and sat by a window. I watched as the rain fell between each sip of my hot latte. There was something so indelibly peaceful about that moment. It gave me a sense of such tranquility. 

So, whenever you're having a bad day or just feel caught in a slump,  go to Starbucks and order a latte, put some cinnamon on it and make your day a little bit brighter. 


If you're not that into coffee, which lately I haven't been, I suggest you try a Chai Latte with coconut milk. This will change your day, and your world. So go indulge in a little sweet treat and smile. It will get better, I promise.  


post signature

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Aww, I'm sorry you weren't having the best day, but hey mom's are great at making them better!
    xx, Mikkaela
    The Southwestern Prepster

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so great to hear! So glad I'm not the only one to think this way about lattes :) thank you so much for checking out my post! Hope you have a great rest of your week as well and a great weekend!!

    xoxo Brynne

    ReplyDelete