Finals Week Survival Guide

10:37 PM



























So Finals Week is coming up and we're all stressing. I have a few things that will help you be as successful as you can during finals.

1. Exercise: Exercising is one of the best things you can do for relieving stress. Not only does it relieve stress, but it actually makes you happy. When you exercise, endorphins are released in your brain that make you happier. Duh, haven't you ever seen Legally Blonde? Also, when you exercise you're doing your body a great favor. When you look great, you feel great.

2. Dance parties: Grab your girls, put on your favorite tunes, crank them up, and dance your heart out! Dancing is a great way to exercise and what better way to exercise than jamming to your favorite tunes with your best friends. Some dance songs I would suggest: Timber- Pitbull, Shake It Off- Taylor Swift, Jealous- Nick Jonas, Trumpets- Jason Derulo, My Humps- BEPs, Milkshake- Kelis, Chandelier- Sia, Rather Be- Clean Bandit

3. Walking laps around the library: If you're starting to feel as though you're not being productive, or your studying is starting to taper off, get up and take a lap. Stretching your legs and moving will also help you to stimulate your smart juices. Also, chances are you'll see someone you know and can have a quick chat. But, don't stay too long and get back to work!

4. Yoga stretches: Stress is one of the worst parts of finals week. Yoga is a proven stress-relieving activity that does not take much effort or sweat (depending on what you do). If you feel you need a breather (literally), then get on the ground and do the downward dog, the cat, child's position, or the tree. Even just stretching out your legs, back, and glutes. Stretch it out, breath, be calm, and get back to work!

5. Snacks: Bring snacks!! When I know I'm going to the library for a long period of time, I always bring snacks with me. Some of my favorite snacks to bring with me include but are not limited to: fruit, a cheese stick, popcorn, and/or a granola bar. For this specific finals week, I have dark chocolate covered espresso beans..yum!

6. Coffee: Coffee is a given. If you can survive finals week without coffee, I envy you. Here at my school, I am blessed to have a Starbucks on campus that takes campus cash money. It's a blessing, but it can also be a curse! For finals week, treat yourself. Don't be limited by calories. One of my new holiday favorite drink is the Chestnut Prailene Latte. It is literally AMAZING. I suggest it to all. A fun fact/tip is to put cinnamon on your drink whether you get a latte, mocha, or cappuccino. Cinnamon is a happy spice- it literally makes you happier! So grab a cup of coffee and enjoy the sweet moment.

7. Christmas movie break: Because it's Christmas time, I love to sit down and snuggle up to a great Christmas movie. This is a great way to put yourself into a mindset that is happier and more relaxed. It also gives you something to look forward to after your finals!

8. Comfy clothes: Why would you want to wear non-comfy clothes when studying? I get the argument that you might want to look cute, but who's looking at you? Everyone is so engulfed in their own studies, so don't stress. Throw on those Uggs, sweats, big sweater, and comfy socks and head over to the library.

9. Candles: Candles are always a great vibe setter. I like the warm scents like: cinnamon apple, pumpkin spice, and sugar cookie mainly because they remind me of home. Lighting candles makes me feel relaxed and in a homey environment. If you're feeling stressed, light some candles and let the scents take you away!

10. Music: Music is always a go-to. When I study I like to plug in and zone in. Depending on my mood, I always choose music that is soft and relaxing. Some artists to my liking include: Jack Johnson, DMB, John Mayer, Ray LaMontagne, Frank Sinatra, Ella Fitzgerald, and Louis Armstrong. If I wanna get sassy and in the zone, I'll put on some classical music like Beethoven or Bach.

Finals week can be stressful, but it is most definitely not the end of the world. If you're venturing into your week just remember: breath, stay positive, and you will be prosperous. Good luck, everyone!


post signature

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. This is a GREAT survival guide! I'm heavily relying on #6 and #8 right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I saw this before I took my finals, it would've been so helpful! Great post!

    -Ruya
    sweetshortandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this!! too cute & soo helpful!! love the tips!! <3

    xo, cambria
    (www.merakitravels.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spot on with the dance parties!! I love your music suggestions too. Good mix!

    ReplyDelete