Day 3- 12/23: Peanut Butter Kisses6:51 PM
For Day 3 of the 5 Days 'til Christmas: Dessert Countdown is Peanut Butter Kisses. Peanut butter kisses or peanut butter kiss cookies are a for-sure crowd pleaser because who doesn't love the peanut butter and chocolate duo?! But really.
Here's how it's done:
- 1/2 cup butter (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly-packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 48 Hershey® Kisses® chocolate candies, unwrapped
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl or with a mixer, cream the room temperature butter and peanut butter until light brown.
3. Gradually add 1/2 cup of granulated sugar and 1/2 cup of brown sugar; beating until light and fluffy.
4. Add egg, milk, and vanilla extract; beat well.
5. Add flour, baking soda, and salt; stir into creamed mixture until well mixed.
6. Roll cookie dough into 1-inch balls and put them into the oven for 8 minutes or until slightly golden brown.
7. Press the unwrapped kisses into the cookies as soon as they come out of the oven.
8. Let cool and enjoy :)