Roasted Tomatoes Stuffed with Quinoa

2:55 PM





























As a college student (ballin' on a budget), I like to find recipes that are both healthy and easy to make. As a self-proclaimed chef, I like to make recipes my own. This recipe is one of my go-to stand-byes. I like to make them in the beginning of the week and eat them for lunch or dinner throughout the week. I am completely and utterly obsessed with it!!

Ingredients:
  1. 6 large tomatoes
  2. 3 cloves of garlic
  3. 2 tablespoons of olive oil + some for drizzling
  4. 2 cups of spinach
  5. 1 cup quinoa (cooked) 
  6. 1/2 feta
  7. Salt & Pepper to taste
How to cook them:
  1. Cook quinoa (directions on the back) 
  2. Heat up the oven to 425
  3. Heat up medium-sized skillet
  4. Put the olive oil in the skillet 
  5. While the skillet is heating up, take the tomatoes and cut the top off of it with the knife pointing downward. Once the top is off, scoop out the core and seeds of the tomatoes and put them in a medium-sized bowl to the side. The tomato should be hollow, but still be whole (minus the top)- think Panera bread bowl
  6. Put the tomatoes in a pyrex pan
  7. Drizzle a drop of olive oil into each tomato
  8. When the skillet is hot enough, add the garlic
  9. Before the garlic begins to brown, throw the spinach and the scooped tomato into the skillet
  10. Allow the spinach to become limp and dark green
  11. Put the garlic, olive oil, tomato, and spinach mixture back into a medium-sized bowl. 
  12. Add the feta and cooked quinoa
  13. Add salt and pepper to taste and mix it all together
  14. Add the mixture to the tomatoes in the pan- stuff them high!! 
  15. Drizzle the tomatoes with olive oil. 
  16. Put them in the oven for 30-40 mins- until the quinoa begins to brown
My mouth is watering as I write this. I hope you really decide to try to makes these. They are a cool weather staple that you will not regret. Oh, and they make the house smell amazing. 

Hope y'all enjoy!! 

xoxo  


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Looks so yummy! I am gluten-free now so anything quinoa-related is my fav thing now! BTW why people don't bake quinoa bread? I'd love to try that!

    http://stylesprinter.com/

    ReplyDelete